Since Kia introduced the Soul in 2009, more than 90,000 Canadians have fallen in love with this distinctive and charming car. Like nothing else on the road, the Kia Soul 2018 reviews are in, and one of Canada's favourite subcompact vehicles is better than ever. With more powertrain choices including an available 201 hp turbocharged engine, more options, and even more style inside and out, the Soul maintains its unique place on the road. South Trail Kia is proud to sell the Kia Soul that Calgary drivers can't wait to drive.
What is the Soul?
Like we said, the Soul is unique. It drives like a car but has the utility of an SUV. The Soul features a tall, stylish, five-door hatchback body style with a cargo area that can easily accommodate your bicycle or other large cargo when you put down its 60/40 folding rear seats. The Soul's flat cargo floor makes loading it a breeze, and there's even a hidden compartment under the floor for storing smaller items and valuables.
The Soul's expressive exterior design, with its tall, squared-off roofline, stands out in an era of me-too compact cars and follow-the-crowd SUVs. With options like 18-inch alloy wheels, a piano-black grille, red accents and an available panoramic sunroof, you can make your 2018 Soul even more distinctive.
The 1.6 litre and 2.0 litre gasoline-direct injection (GDI) engines are matched with Kia's six-speed Sportmatic automatic transmission. The 1.6 litre T-GDI turbocharged engine directs its 201 hp to the pavement through a seven-speed, dual-clutch version of the Sportmatic automatic transmission for gutsy around-town driving and highway cruising efficiency. Drive Mode Select is standard on all trim levels.
Comfort and Safety Features
Many of the Soul's most fun features can be found in its spacious and stylish interior. Along with standard features on all trim levels like keyless entry, tilt and telescopic steering wheel and Bluetooth hands-free technology, optional trim levels add style and technology to make even your commute fun. These options include LED cabin lighting, a Smart Key with push-button start, heated and air-cooled front seats and much more.
Standard safety features include advanced front and side airbags, anti-lock brakes (ABS) with brake assist and electronic brake distribution, vehicle stability management (VSM) and many others. Optional safety features that come with certain trim levels include a rearview camera, blind spot detection, and lane departure warning. The "Tech" trim level includes an autonomous emergency braking (AEB) system that can apply the brakes automatically if it detects an imminent collision.
Your actual fuel consumption will vary based on driving habits and other factors.
The 2018 Kia Soul crossover is top-rated for safety
1. Rated Best Family Car - Parents Magazine
2. Rated Best Family Car - Edmonds
3. 2018 Top Safety Pick - Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
Here are just a few highlights that make the Kia Soul a safe and enjoyable choice for navigating Calgary streets
• Detect and monitor vehicles traveling ahead of you with an available system that automatically applies the brakes to avoid a collision if it senses one is imminent
• Blind Spot Detection System actively monitors your blind spots and notifies you with both visual and audio alerts of approaching vehicles
• Lane Departure Warning keeps you on track with onboard cameras to monitor the position of your Soul inside the lane then alert you if you deviate from the path without engaging your turn signal
• Advanced Smart Cruise Control senses the distance and speed of the vehicle in front of you then automatically adjusts your speed to help to maintain a safe distance between you and other vehicles
• Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration allows you to use voice-activated features like navigation, voice-to-text actions, and music control to help you keep your hands on the wheel and eyes focused on the road
• Harman Kardon premium audio delivers exceptional quality so everything you hear sounds incredible
Designed for versatility, the Soul offers plenty of standard/available convenience and tech features to enhance functionality and your on-road comfort
• 60:40 split-folding rear seats
• Cloth seats
• Leather seats
• Sport seats (cloth and leather)
• Orange stitched seating and interior
• Height adjustable driver's seat
• 8-way power adjustable driver's seat
• 2-way driver's seat lumbar support
• Heated front seats
• Heated rear seats
• Air-cooled front seats
• Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
• Heated steering wheel
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Sport steering wheel (D-shaped)
• Leather-wrapped shift knob
• Cargo privacy cover
• Luggage net
• Rear centre armrest
• 7" Display audio
• 8" multimedia interface with integrated navigation
• 6-speaker audio
• 8-speaker Harman Kardon® premium audio system
• Sound-reactive speaker lights
• AM/FM/MP3/satellite radio4
• AUX audio input port
• USB audio input and charging port
• Bluetooth® hands-free cell phone connectivity
• Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
• Cruise control
• Advanced smart cruise control (ASCC)
• Drive Mode Select (Eco/Normal/Sport)
• Remote keyless entry
• Smart key with push-button start
• Supervision LCD/TFT instrument cluster
• Auto-dimming rearview mirror
• LED interior lighting
• Express up/down front windows
Surround your family in safety with a variety of options incorporated into the 2018 Kia Soul's design
• Electronic stability control (ESC)
• Vehicle stability management (VSM)
• 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
• Brake assist system (BAS)
• Electronic brake distribution (EBD)
• Hill-assist control (HAC)
• Low washer fluid warning indicator
• Blind spot detection system (BSD)
• Lane departure warning (LDW)
• Autonomous emergency braking system (AEB)
• Rear cross traffic alert (RCTA)
• Rearview camera
Enjoy worry-free ownership of the 2018 Soul with Kia's Total Care Ownership Coverage
Our outstanding Total Care Ownership Coverage includes:
• 5-year/100,000 km - Worry-free comprehensive warranty covering virtually the entire vehicle. • 5-year/100,000 km - Powertrain Warranty covering the engine, transmission, axles, differentials and driveshafts.
• 1-year/20,000 km - First-year adjustments covering consumable items such as bulbs, wiper blades, fuses, brake pads, etc.
• 8-year/130,000 km - Major Emission Components that guarantee that the car will conform with government emission regulations. 2017 Model Year and above
• 5 year/unlimited mileage - Roadside Assistance covers you in case of mechanical breakdown anywhere in North America All other Model Years
• 5 year/100,000 km - Roadside Assistance covers you in case of mechanical breakdown anywhere in North America
• 8-year / 160,000 kms Hybrid, Plug-In Hybrid, Electric Vehicle (EV) Components Find out why the 2018 Kia Soul has such a loyal following of owners.
Schedule time to take one for a spin at South Trail Kia in Calgary. They also make it extremely convenient to do much of the process of buying a Kia before you ever even step foot on the lot. Take care of finance approval, estimate your vehicle's current value, and find out what your payments will be all online in the comfort of your home. Enjoy everyday commutes and long-distance destinations so much more when you're behind the wheel of this cool and unique crossover. Contact South Trail Kia today to change the way you see the road.